- Q. Is shuttle service to Kusatsu Kokusai Ski Resort available?
- Yes. We provide shuttle service between 08:45 and 17:00.
Eidaya is a small inn with relatively few staff trying to give our guests the best possible service. Please note that during busy periods, there may be a short wait.
If you need a pick-up service from ski resort, please ask in advance, so that we can try to organise the transfer as smoothly as possible.
※It is about 3 minutes’ drive from Eidaya to Kusatsu Kokusai Ski Resort. Also, there is a ski drying room near the entrance at the guests’ disposal.
- Q. Can I stay with pets?
- No, we do not accept pets.
- Q. Is a shuttle service available from Kusatsu?
- Yes, but only from Kusatsu Onsen Bus Terminal.
Please call us upon arrival and we will come and collect you from the bus terminal.
Please note that there may be a delay if we were engaged with other guests’ transfer.
It would be appreciated if you notify us that you require a shuttle service at the time of booking or prior to the arrival.
- Q. How far from Kusatsu Onsen Bus Terminal to Eidaya?
- It is 2 minutes’ drive or around 8 minutes’ walk. Shuttle service is free.
- Q. What to enter into the satellite navigation system?
- Eidaya opened its door in 2016, so the older version of GPS may not recognise our address.
Please enter “Restaurant Garden” which is located nearby. We are 50m away from the address below:
Address: 464-46 Kusatsu-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma-ken 377-1711 (群馬県吾妻郡草津町草津464-46)
- Q. Is there parking space?
- There is plenty of free private parking spot for our guests right in front of the entrance.
- Q. Anything I should be aware of during winter?
- It is possible that the road will be snow covered or frozen from November to April, so if you drive, please do not forget to get snow tires fitted or bring snow chains with you.
Please contact us for the local information.
- Q. Can I walk to Yubatake?
- Yes, it takes about 10 minutes to walk from Eidaya, and is a lovely stroll.
- Q. What time is check-in and check-out?
- Check-in from 15:00 (latest 22:00), check-out by 10:00.
If you book a room with dinner included, please arrive before 18:00. If you arrive after 18:00, dinner will not be provided (no refund).
- Q. What do you have for room amenities?
- Free Wi-Fi, TV, kettle, empty refrigerator, dental kit, razor, towel, bath towel, Japanese bathrobe (yukata), towel rail.
Also, only in western style rooms: Hairdryer, small lamp, toilet with bidet, body soap, conditioning shampoo.
- Q. Any leisure facility on-site?
- For a small inn of 11 guest rooms, there is a generous size communal lounge.
You can play TV games (vintage video games), cards, UNO, Japanese chess, Othello (reversi), Jenga etc for free.
As Eidaya has a cosy atmosphere, many of our guests enjoy socialising and playing games.
- Q. Is there a toilet in the room?
- Western style rooms have an attached toilet in the room, but no toilet in Japanese style rooms. There are shared toilets near the rooms.
- Q. Do the rooms have air conditioner and heating?
- Kusatsu Onsen is cool in summer so we don’t have air-conditioners.
We provide oilstoves in the rooms during winter time.
- Q. Where can I keep my valuables?
- We can store your valuables at the reception desk.
- Q. Can I access the internet?
- Free Wi-Fi is available in all guest rooms and the entire building, so we welcome business travellers! Rental laptops or tablets are not available, so please bring your own device.
- Q. Can I smoke inside the rooms or in the building?
- Eidaya is 100% smoke free. Please use the designated smoking area on-site.
- Q. What time is breakfast and dinner served?
- Breakfast served 08:00~08:30 onward, dinner served from 18:00.
- Q. What kind of kid’s meals do you have?
- We prepare popular menu such as Hamburg for “kids lunch” for children up to age 6.
For breakfast, everyone’s favourite such as sausage will be served.
For primary school kids, we serve same menu as adults (minus 2 dishes).
- Q. I have allergy. Can you change the meal menu for me?
- We’ll try our best if you inform us in advance, but please note, we may not be able to meet your requirement under certain circumstances. Halal food and vegan food are not available.
- Q. I booked the room without meal plan. Can I eat in at the on-site restaurant Akaneya? Do I need a booking?
- You are welcome to eat in Akaneya, and you do not need to book. Please ask for the details upon check in.
Akaneya generally closes every Thursday. (Akaneya restaurant is closed every Thursday.)
> Please click here for Akaneya restaurant’sscheduled holiday!
- Q. Do you have vending machine for drinks and cigarettes?
- There is one vending machine for soft drinks and alcohol but no cigarettes.
- Q. Can I bring own food and drinks?
- Yes you can. There are toaster and microwave oven etc in the communal lounge.
Also, the rooms have a small fridge and kettle.
- Q. Are you wheelchair-accessible?
- Eidaya is not wheelchair accessible as it’s a renovated old inn.
You need to use stairways to access your rooms and public bath from the reception area.
- Q. Do you accept credit cards?
- Yes. We accept VISA and JCB and other credit cards.
However, credit card may not be accepted for certain plans (Please refer the notes on the section of each plan).
- Q. What is opening hour of the public bath?
- You can use anytime between check-in and check-out time except cleaning time.
- Q. Can I book a hot spring bath for private use?
- Yes. There are 3 baths available for private use upon booking. Additional charge is 1,080 yen per 50 minutes per group.
Bookings are available once you have check-in.
- Q. Is the hot spring bath available for non-overnight guests?
- Yes, the hot spring bath is generally available for the public between 12:00~14:00 especially for our lunch guests (Fees: xx yen for adult, xx yen for children up to age 6).
It may be available after 14:00 if not used by overnights guests.
Availability varies depending on days, so please kindly contact us in advance.
- Q. Can you arrange massage service?
- Yes, 4,000 yen for 40 minutes. Booking available on the day.
- Q. Any convenient facilities nearby?
- ■Convenient Store : Seven-Eleven (4 minutes’ walk)
■Supermarket : Mo-ku-be-e (6 minutes’ walk)
■Restaurants : The nearest restaurant is 1 minute away, and there are many restaurants within Kusatsu Onsen area.
■Hospital : Fu-se Clinic (4 minutes’ walk)
■Chemist : There is one near Yubatake (10 minutes’ walk)
- Q. Do you have curfew?